Pack 101 is committed to respecting and protecting the personal privacy of its members and those who visit its website. It is our policy to acquire personal information from users only by overt means, only when it is in the interest of the user to provide it, and to utilize this information only for the purpose it was provided. We do not use agents or service providers.
The information that follows explains the kinds of information our sites may collect, how it is used, and the conditions under which it is made available to third parties. It also outlines our compliance with The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects the personal information of children under the age of 13.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the location of the visitor’s IP address; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
How we collect this information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Pack 101 may also use a method known as “session tokens.” The “session token” is a cryptic number that identifies your browser session to our server. This “session token” is stored in the memory of your browser for up to 30 minutes after your last activity on our site and may be completely destroyed by you by closing your browser. This allows the server to continue the “conversation” with you in context of the process or transaction you are involved in. This “session token” is changed automatically during your session for security purposes and is not written to your hard drive. The “session token” does not contain any personally identifiable information; the “session token” is required to use certain systems.
Personally identifiable data is collected only by means of form interfaces on the site, into which the unit administrator must enter the personal information requested. No cookies or any other tracking technology (other than stated above) are used for the purpose of coordinating information that a user may opt to enter in various interfaces on the site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
The Pack only permits access to personal information by authorized and authenticated unit and council members. The personal information collected is not shared with other third parties. Reports, statistics, and other analyses of aggregate anonymous information may be shared within the organization or provided to third parties at the sole discretion of Cub Pack 101. This information does not include any personally identifiable information.
Troop 101 reserves the right to use all information at its disposal and to share this information with ISPs and other third parties as necessary to investigate any incident of misuse or abuse of its site, server, or information systems. Additionally, we reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
How does the Pack maintain the information it collects?
The security of your personal information is important to us. All communications between your browser and our system is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). You will notice the “Locked” ICON appear in the lower right corner of your browser (Internet Explorer). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
What organization is collecting this information
Information entered by unit administrators is retrieved directly by the Troop 101 Alumni Association and Boy Scout Troop 101: 3002 Reeves Road Northeast; Warren, Ohio 44483 – telephone (234) 564-3101.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Links to Other Sites
If you click on a link to a third-party site, which includes council sites, unit sites, and sites of pack 101 affiliates, you will leave the site you are visiting and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as Pack 101. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third-party website, you should read that site’s privacy statement before providing any personal information.